Technorati is a real-time search engine concentrated on tracking blogs. This will not only drive more traffic to your blog, but also help position you as an authority in your respective field. So, if you’d like to get more exposure for your blog, make sure to get it listed there.
It took us a while to figure it out ourselves, so I thought it might help if we show you how to do it step-by-step.
So here goes . . .
1. Sign up for an account in Technorati.
2. Once you’ve activated your account, go to your profile by clicking your name on the upper right-hand corner.
3. You can customize your account by adding a profile image and entering additional information about you.
4. Just below the option where you add an image, there’s a section that says ‘my claimed blogs’. You need to enter the URL of your blog in the field and then you also need to add some information such as the RSS URL, meta-tags, keywords, etc.
5. Once you have finished filling out those fields, the site will then advise you to wait for a few days as they verify your blog.
6. Aside from that, you will also receive an email that will provide you a unique code that you need to include in a new article that needs to be posted in your own blog.
*This step is essential as this will be their basis before they start verifying your blog. You can remove the post once verification is completed. Here’s mine – B3FQRMYKMRHF
7. Check back with the site and go back to your profile and click on ‘Check Claim’ to tell Technorati that your blog is ready for verification.
8. Once done, you need to wait for a month or two to have your blog verified.
That’s all. Now let’s see how long it will really take to get our blog verified.
About Pepper Virtual Assistants
Pepper Virtual Assistant Services is a business solutions firm that specializes on administrative assistance, customer support, CRM, copywriting, and personal virtual assistance. We take pride in our reliable service and responsive client handling which embodies our team’s optimal performance.